We make this for Christmas every year and box it up for people we love. If you have ever gotten a box of this from us, that means we kind of think you kick ass and deemed you worthy of hours spent slaving in the kitchen. Also it’s just amazing.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a baking sheet.
2. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
3. beat together butter, sugar, and eggs.
4. stir the dry ingredients into the butter/egg/sugar mixture.
5. stir in cranberries, chocolate chips, and nuts.
6. dump onto your buttered/floured pan and shape into a rectangle.
7. bake for 25 minutes.
8. remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. once it’s cooled, cut into stripes about 1 inch wide and flip over onto their side so that one of the soft sides is now face down on the pan.
9. put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
10. DEVOUR. or share. whatever.
*Consider the fact that I shared this recipe my virtual box of already cooked biscotti wrapped up with yarn and paper snowflakes with your name in silver glitter. That means I love you. All of you. For life.